One of the most important international issues we have been involved in has been the meetings at the Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration to discuss the new procedure for the entry and stay of third-country nationals working in the audiovisual sector.
After the approval of this procedure, we met with the Minister of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration, José Luis Escrivá. We explained our concerns about the new instructions and the aspects that we believe need to be improved in order to be even more competitive as a filming destination.
The Minister was accompanied by the Secretary of State for Migration, the Director General of Migration, the Director of Communication at the Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security and Migration and the rest of the cabinet who work hand in hand with us on a daily basis to address our problems and provide solutions.
We are very grateful for the closeness and interest in the concerns of our sector, as well as the speed of the procedures that we have been requesting for so long, which in times of pandemic makes it easier for us to continue our work on international territory.
On the other hand, as every year, the annual CFP-E meeting was organised in Berlin. Different themes were discussed at this meeting:
- Welfare in the industry where all countries agreed that there is a need to improve the culture of the industry. We need to take measures to ensure a better work-life balance.
- Sustainability in filming and the importance of reducing our carbon footprint
- PRE-PIBS Y PIBS
- Establish a system for sharing the costs of the picht between the production company and the client.
- The approach to Stellantis to explain that the terms of payment and contracting must be greatly improved, or no one can work within their parameters.
- It has been decided that we will change the configuration and will elect an official CFP-E Advisory Board, rather than electing a new president.
- The APCP has volunteered to organise the next meeting in Spain, to be organised on 5 and 6 May 2022.